• To commit 2 hours a week or at least a 6 month period
• To be able to travel to our helpline in Blackpool or our office in South London if choosing to volunteer from either of these locations. If home based no travel is required.
• Excellent communication and computer skills
• A drive to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable older people
• A commitment to The Silver Line values
We can also cover travel expenses.
Once complete, please return the application form to us at [email protected] or by using the postal address at the bottom of the forms.
Please note that due to the nature of the role and the sensitivity of the information involved you will be required to undertake a DBS check prior to starting in post. You also need to be able to commit to two full days training and an induction in Blackpool or London if undertaking the role at one of our offices. If you are home based this training will require several telephone sessions on a conference call with a small group of other volunteers.
“We’ve helped older people connect with lunch clubs, health services and face-to-face friendship services. Silver Line Connects has opened the door to opportunities just beyond an older person’s doorstep and we are there to help with every step along the way. As demand for our Silver Line Connects service grows, we urgently need volunteers to help us with the requests we get through – all you need is a want to help older people and find the best solutions.” – Dame Esther Rantzen, Founder of The Silver Line
Imagine being confined to your home or moving to a new area where you know nobody and not knowing where to get your groceries – this is where we can help find the best options for our Silver Liners.