Collecting is a fun and simple way to fundraise, you can take part on your own or with friends and family, our fundraising team will support you every step of the way.
Volunteering to take part in a bucket collection, even for a couple of hours will help to support our helpline, just £5 can pay for a call from an older person who may have not spoken to another person all week.
To sign up for a collection, you can choose from the available dates below or if you would like to set up a collection near you just email us at [email protected] or call 0203 7939 182
Click here to see the collection dates we have available between now and the end of the year.
Organising your own bucket collection
- If you can’t see a location or date convenient for you, please get in touch and we can help organise one.
- You can also get in contact with your local supermarket or shopping centre to organise one there, contact the fundraising team if you need help to do this.
Click here to read our Top Tips for doing your own bucket collection.
Organising a bag packing event is another fun and easy way to fundraise, whilst raising awareness of The Silver Line in your local community.
To organise bag packing, please follow these steps:
- Contact your local supermarkets, it’s best to do this well in advance as supermarkets get booked up quickly.
- Form you team- get your friends and family involved.
- Let us know by emailing [email protected] or call 0203 7939 182, we can give you advice and provide you with everything you need from collection boxes to T-shirts.
Placing a collection tin in a local shop or your office helps us raise money, well as awareness of The Silver Line. Just follow these steps:
- Choose a location for your collection tin, make sure that you obtain permission from the manager or owner first.
- Order a collection tin, simply email [email protected] with your name, address, and where you intend to collect.
- Make sure that you ask the business owner to contact you when the tin is full so you can go in and empty it.
- Once the tin is empty, you’ll need to re-seal it before returning to its location. We will provide you with these stickers.
- Transfer us the money, this can be done my cheque, bank transfer, please let us know at [email protected] how much and what method you are using to donate the money; or give us a call on 0203 7939 182 and we can process a card payment.