A fun and simple way to fundraise, you can take part on your own or with friends and family, and our fundraising team will support you all the way.
Volunteering to take part in a bucket collection, even for a couple of hours will help to support our helpline, just £5 can pay for a call from an older person who may have not spoken to another person all week.
To sign up, you can choose from the dates below or if you would like to set up a collection near you please email [email protected] or call 0203 7939 182
Click here for collection dates before the end of 2019.
Organising your own bucket collection
- If you can’t see a convenient location or date , please get in touch, we can help organise one.
- Or contact your local supermarket or shopping centre to organise one there. Please let us know if you need help.
Click here for our Top Tips for doing your own bucket collection.
Organising a bag pack is another fun and easy way to fundraise, whilst raising awareness of The Silver Line in your local community.
Just follow these steps:
- Contact your local supermarkets, it’s best to do this well in advance as they book up quickly.
- Form you team – get your friends and family involved.
- Let us know. Email [email protected] or call 0203 7939 182. We can give advice and provide you with everything you need from collection boxes to T-shirts.
Placing a collection tin in a local shop or your office helps raise money and awareness of The Silver Line. Just follow these steps:
- Choose a location – make sure you obtain permission from the manager or owner first.
- Order a collection tin. Email [email protected] with your name, address, and where you intend to collect.
- Make sure that you ask the business owner to contact you when the tin is full so you can go in and empty it. Once the tin is empty, you’ll need to re-seal it before returning to its location. We will provide you with stickers.
- Transfer the money to us. This can be done my cheque or bank transfer. Please advise us at [email protected] of the amount and method you are using to donate the money, or call 0203 7939 182 and we can process a card payment.